Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Paula pulls out

So Paula Radcliffe has pulled out of this years London Marathon.
She obviously heard how well my training was going, last year she beat me by about 2 and a half hours, this year I was going to reduce that by a good 2 minutes or so.

I went bowling last night in a league match and I was woeful. My highest score was only 180, I'm not saying what my lowest was but needless to say we lost all three games for an 8-0 thrashing. My legs were tired and after bowling my thighs were quite sore.
Anyway the reason I mentioned it is that my partners Dad who gives him a lift and then watches, had an accident at work and severed his left thumb almost clean off. He's had a few days in hospital and he can't go back to work (no money) for at least 12 weeks.

Your whole world can be turned upside down very quickly and easily at any time.
Most of us take our relatively good health for granted, and often moan about small ailments.

Going to work today I was in a long tailback on the A303 just past Stonehenge, when I eventually got past the hold up all that was left was a completely trashed car and the remaining emergency services vehicles after the air ambulance had left. Probably somebody just driving to work like they do everyday - but not getting there.

We've got to appreciate everything we have everyday because you don't know what's going to change for the worse or when.

How depressing is that?

This Sunday is the Reading Half marathon and I'm going to do it in under 2hrs and next week I'm going to bowl 3 games over 180 (unless I'm on holiday, which I hope I will be)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home