Thursday, August 04, 2005

Holiday

Here we go, once a year whether I can afford it or not.

Yes its holiday time, two weeks with my wife and children on the Kent coast, trying to do stuff that I want to do but invariably doing stuff they like to.

Thankfully, as children grow up there are occasional periods in their short lives when they like (and aren't affraid to admit) to do stuff with there sad old dad.

So the eldest daughter is into cycling, walking the dog and swimming, all of which she'll happily do with me as long as she's not at home where any of her mates might see her.
The middle child (also female) doesn't like anything much, but is happy to hold hands and talk all day long.
The youngest (the boy) enjoys anything competetive as long as he wins (or at least doesn't lose).

So I recon that walking the dog, with ice creams, seeing who can eat them the fastest but making sure the boy doesn't loose should keep everyone happy.
Except my wife.
I'm affraid only shopping will do that - which is something I don't intend to do on holiday, but I have a credit card that may have to keep her company on those long lonely trips.

I'm really looking forward to it.
I have running gear, walking boots, some good books, and I am not affraid to use them.

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Have a brill holi Andy. Hope the weather stays good for ye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home