Sunday, June 19, 2005

Fathers day

Being grumpy on fathers day isn't something I try to be, but it has been known to happen.
Hottest day of the year (so far) today, so I was up early to have a run before the heat kicked in. Stalled my start to let my daughter come with me on her bike - all geared up to go when she tells me she's got a puncture.
Having fixed it, we find her gears are broken and stuck in top, tried to fix that but I couldn't.
Nearly ten now and very hot.
So I spit the dummy out and sulk the way dads do.
Fixed the other childrens bikes (why didn't they tell me when it happened?) then cut the grass.

Having calmed down a bit, I watched Dr Who with all my kids (we taped it last night), then I was given a few pressies.......
which included
a book - Feet in the Clouds by Richard Askwith.... started it already its great,
a CD - Alison Krauss and Union Station Live.... I do love a bit of blue grass,
and some chocolate, but no socks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home