Sunday, August 21, 2005

Holiday Walk and Runs

I like walking.
I went for a minimum of 2hrs a day, often with my dog, often with my children.
We walked along the south coasts beaches, cliffs, public footpaths, stretches of the south downs way, sections of the saxon way and often to the end of Dover pier for an ice cream.















I like running, but I usually do this alone (sometimes with the dog).
I only went for 4 runs while away the first two were along the seafront and pier - really flat.
4.4m and 5.5m,
41min and 55min,
148bpm and 139bpm.
both quite comfortable runs with my daughter cycling beside me for one of them,
but to be honest a bit boring.

So for the third run I decided to do a section of a walk we'd done the day before - Dover seafront to the top of the cliffs above the docks.
It was murder, when I got there I was shattered - thighs burning, gasping for air and sweat flowing freely. I had to stop for 10 mins before heading back, which as its downhill was actually enjoyable.
3.1m
31min
156bpm (peak 190)

Didn't run again for 4 days. Recovering yes, but also building myself up to my next run.
Dover seafront up the cliffs and keep going to the South Forland Lighthouse (a great walk we'd done before)
The cliff climb was hell, as you'd expect, the rest of the run was great, tough but beautiful. The White Cliffs are a pleasure to run (or walk) along.
6m
1hr 2min
159bpm (peak 188)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home