Saturday, November 19, 2005

Golf last weekend

I love golf.
But like most things this year it has been shelved and neglected.

Every year I go to France in November, meeting up with 29 other blokes.
We only meet once a year and that's to go for a longweekend, playing golf, eating good food, drinking far to much and spending rakes of money.
I'm allegedly a 17 handicap but the few times I've played this year I've been woefully off the mark.

The first round was on a relatively easy woodland course and although I didn't play that well I ground out a reasonable score (+20).
The second round was on a hard links course and it reflected on the score (+24).
That night was the last we see each other for another year.
The last round and the hardest course, I was still drunk on the first tee after 3hrs sleep!
I was 11 over after the first 4 holes.
Fortunately my game came together and I finished with a glorious back nine (+27 overall).

Next year I'm going to practice loads before I go, keep the drinking down and get 8hrs sleep each night.......
Yeah right!
Roll on next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home