Saturday, April 22, 2006

Mice and Men

Up until I finished the Reading Half Marathon I hadn't paid any thought to the London Marathon, but since then its been ever looming.

My right calf is still a bit sore - but hopefully it won't make much difference come tomorrow.

So my best laid plans are..........................

  1. Do nothing all day - a challenge in itself with 3 kids
  2. Have a long soak in the bath - this I can do
  3. Spaghetti bolognaise for tea - more spag than bog
  4. A few glasses of wine then early to bed - yeah right
  5. Up at 05:15, leave the house at 05:40 - snooze button?
  6. Drive to Staines and catch the 06:15 train to Waterloo - that damned snooze button!
  7. Get to Blackheath at about 08:00 - or later perhaps
  8. Run the Marathon - hopefully in under 5hrs
  9. Back home by 18:00 - running time, trains, ability to drive permitting
  10. Bath, food, beer, bed - these will all happen but unsure of timings, order or quantities
  11. Work on monday in Exeter - a 3hr drive away
  12. Tenpin bowling league match on monday night - will I be able?

I can quite easily pick 4 of these that are almost certainly not going to go to plan.

Anyway - I can do no more than just turn up and run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home